Once your application has been completed and approved, it is sent to the relevant centre for business formalities (CFE) for processing: chamber of commerce and industry (CCI), chamber of trades and crafts (CMA), URSSAF, etc.
Who is in charge of processing my application?
The Guichet Entreprises service collaborates with all the centres for business formalities (CFEs). These centres are the only authorities competent for processing and sending the application to the various authorities (INSEE, business tax service (SIE), URSSAF, Social protection scheme for the self-employed (SSI), regional health insurance fund) in charge of issuing businesses' reference IDs, registering businesses in relevant registries, etc.
There are five CFEs:
- The chambers of agriculture,
- The chambers of Trades and Crafts,
- CCI France,
- The clerks of the commercial courts,
- The URSSAF.
The remit of a CFE depends on the nature of a business's activity, its legal form and its location:
- For a commercial activity, the competent CFE is the chamber of commerce and industry (Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie (CCI)),
- For an artisanal activity, if the business employs less than ten employees (except in Alsace-Moselle) and does not use any industrial process (in Alsace-Moselle), the competent CFE is the chamber of trades and crafts (Chambre de Métiers et de l’Artisanat (CMA)),
- For a liberal activity, the competent CFE is the URSSAF for natural persons (sole proprietorships, micro-entrepreneurs, EIRLs), the chamber of commerce and industry for commercial companies and the clerks' office of the Commercial Court for non-trading companies,
- For an agricultural activity, the competent CFE is the chamber of agriculture (Chambre d’Agriculture (CA)).
Moreover, people who set up a non-trading or a non-commercial company as well as commercial agents are directly in the remit of either the clerks' office of the commercial court or the court of first instance (tribunal de grande instance) hearing commercial cases.
Who should I contact concerning the follow-up of my application?
Once your application has been approved, it is immediately transferred to the relevant CFE for processing. When your application has been tranferred, the CFE is in charge of your application.
The CFE is the sole autority that is competent to verify your application. You must contact the CFE directly if you have any question or want to make any modification to the information you provided in your application.
Once you have completed your application on guichet-entreprises.fr, write down your CFE's contact information in case you need it. The CFE's contact information is also available on your dashboard.
When will my application be processed?
The processing time depends on the CFE. Please contact your CFE for any information regarding the processing of your application.
Why do I have to pay application fees?
The completion of your application on guichet-entreprises.fr is completely free.
If you are requested to pay application fees, these concern the registration of your business to the Registry of trade and companies (Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés (RCS)) or your registration to the Registry of trades (Registre des métiers (RM)). The organisations in charge of keeping these registries are the recipients of these fees.
Registrars are the chamber of trades and crafts (CMA) for artisans, the clerks' office of the commercial courts for traders, or both for people carrying out two activities that require to be registered in both the Registry of trades and the Registry of trade and companies. The relevant clerks office of the commercial courts also keeps the Special registry of commercial agents (Registre Spécial des Agents Commerciaux (RSAC)) and the Special registry of sole proprietors with limited liability (Registre spécial des entrepreneurs individuels à responsabilité limitée (RSEIRL)).
Payments on guichet-entreprises.fr are secure.